This past week, I got engaged! Though I didn’t plan the event, I got to pick out decorations, design invitations, arrange for hand designed table numbers, and wrap return gifts. Basically, all the fun stuff!
I drew a motif using my .3 mm Stabilo Pen, converted it into a Vector Image, and used that as the theme for this event. The casual mehendi invite to my immediate family had the image in mehendi-green followed by text. The bridesmaid invite in rich purple (Top Right) included a cheesy poem, and were personalized for each bridesmaid. The engagement e-vite was in a deep maroon (Bottom Left), and the Thank You Cards (Top Left) were in a rustic orange. The maroon and orange matched the decorations at the hall, and those colours were also used for the beautiful number signs for the table decor.
The event was a lot of fun, and it was touching to have family all over the world come to celebrate with us! Stay tuned for several wedding related DIY projects :)
This is a logo that I created for Sindhu’s and Faudia’s new make up company “FanSi”. Both Sindhu and Faudia are trained makeup artists, and this logo is really a representation of who they are. They are both amazingly classy & fashionable, I can definitely vouch for the fact that their make up always looks absolutely amazing. I’m really excited to watch their company grow :) If you are looking for a makeup artist in the GTA, let me know and I can pass on their contact information!
This logo is for a Portfolio Management Club at a large university. This logo concept plays on the “Bear” and “Bull” concepts in finance.
This was my first completed logo commission. Contact me at srisarts.com if you are looking for a Logo for your own club or company!
For my InDesign Class, our final project consisted of putting together a 20 page magazine. We were instructed to get content from the Internet, and the focus was on designing the magazine effectively. During Sri Ram Katha, a dance drama I participated in, I had put together a 22 page book which had taken me days to put together! I didn’t know much about creating a book with InDesign, so I had a lot of little problems that took a lot of googling to solve. With all the new skills I have developed, this magazine took less than 10 hours including research :) I am pretty happy with how far I have come, and I am ready to take on new book challenges! If you would actually like to read the content, feel free to click on the image to see a larger version.
I would like to add a huge disclaimer, that none of the material is mine. This was purely a design project and using material from the internet was a part of our project outline. With the exception of headers, sub-headers and a few intro / conclusion paragraphs that I added to make the content relevant, I have to thank the following references for fantastic information & photos. Here is my list of references (Click to view larger copy).
In Typography, we were asked to create a poster for any book, movie, or play using only elements of type. I decided to use elements of the Cheshire cat to represent the move Alice in Wonderland. To create the bars at the bottom & the teeth, I used the letter ‘l’ in a sans serif font. I then used a serif font bracket for the smile.
I created these two additional posters. I used serif and sans serif “o”‘s to represent the different ‘worlds’ in Inception (I don’t think this worked out as well), and a simple bracket & dash to represent Captain Hook in Peter Pan. I also created an additional version of the Alice in Wonderland with whiskers.
If you haven’t seen expressive typography posters before, check out this link for inspiration! http://blog.gessato.com/2011/06/13/typographic-movie-posters-by-patrik-svensson/
As a quick in-class assignment for Typography, we were asked to prepare 30 examples of ‘expressive type’. This meant we could only use letters or symbols to express a specific word. I did half using my new Prismacolor Fine Line Markers, and the remaining on InDesign. Of course, some are better than others :)
I recently started a Graphic Design course in typography. It’s only been two lessons, and I’ve already learnt a lot! Our prof is a self proclaimed “Typography Nerd”, and after a brief introduction to some terminology, we were introduced to different types of black letter text. For my first assignment, I used black India ink, my old school ink pen, and card stock to draft some letters. I then used Photoshop to put it all together. My rough draft is attached below: