For my birthday, I got a ton of home made cards, which my friends & family probably realized that I do love. (Of course, when one of my friends asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I said ‘a homemade card’ lol, so I asked for that one :P). Anyways, I think my friends are all pretty amazing artists!
1) Kids cards!: The card below was the first card I recieved, and it was from my 3 year old cousin. I think I sense an artist in the making! The second card is from my friend who is 21, but I felt that his drawing fit in the kids category :P
2) A very personal card: This hilarious card from my sister made my day. It’s filled with inside jokes like my bad haircut, our biggest fight (actually), and how I react to jokes. Isn’t she ridiculously amazing at cartooning?
3) Card Modification: As a vegetarian and a bit of a fob, my friend decided to modify this card that she bought. Also, she sent it to me via snail mail, which was very exciting (I love getting mail)!
4) A nerdy card: My closest friends at university always make homemade cards, and usually, they’re full of math jokes. This one not only had a (very accurate) picture of me in the front, but I had to decrypt the code inside using an affine cipher. If that isn’t nerdy, I dont know what is! And yes, the code is “Having fun isn’t hard, when you’ve got a library card!” :P
5) A great attempt: My friend who can’t draw to save his life (kidding: P) worked really hard on this card! He started calling me pineapple head after a bad hairstyle, and somehow I started calling him Mr. Potato Head (Those are potatoes)
6) I can’t be-leaf it!: My friend Vidya (whose card I recently made) made me this card that she stuck leaves onto! I thought it looked pretty great :) Also, to top if off, she gave me a homemade present- these amazing earrings! Vidya, as i’ve mentioned before is amazing at jewelry making. You can check her out on her website!
7) An artist’s card: My friend Annya who blogs at http://annya-suman.blogspot.com is an amazing painter, and she painted this card for me. It looked great!!! Also, her sister and one of my closest friends made the envelope (See, I did give you credit :)!
And there you have it, amazing birthday cards from amazing people :) What do you all think?
(By the way, I now have a subscription button on the right menu bar of my blog! By subscribing to Srisarts, you will get email notifications whenever I make a post, so check it out!)