Today is the last day of my 10 day sketchbook series :) I hope you enjoyed it! For the final day, I also used Red Crystals
Happy New Year! It’s been an embarrassingly long time since I have posted on my blog! Last year was definitely a big creative year for me. I had my first official Art job at Paint Nite, I did a record number of painting commissions, got my Graphic Design certification, and designed my webpage http://www.sris-arts.com. 2015 has been a bit slow on the bigger creative projects, mostly because I’ve been working on lots of cute DIY projects for my Wedding!
To kick off some 2015 Creativity, I thought I would post blogs 10 days in a row, with 10 pages out of my sketch book which is still getting filled at a rapid rate. I stuck a few coloured pages into my sketch book to keep things interesting :)
This past week, I got engaged! Though I didn’t plan the event, I got to pick out decorations, design invitations, arrange for hand designed table numbers, and wrap return gifts. Basically, all the fun stuff!
I drew a motif using my .3 mm Stabilo Pen, converted it into a Vector Image, and used that as the theme for this event. The casual mehendi invite to my immediate family had the image in mehendi-green followed by text. The bridesmaid invite in rich purple (Top Right) included a cheesy poem, and were personalized for each bridesmaid. The engagement e-vite was in a deep maroon (Bottom Left), and the Thank You Cards (Top Left) were in a rustic orange. The maroon and orange matched the decorations at the hall, and those colours were also used for the beautiful number signs for the table decor.
The event was a lot of fun, and it was touching to have family all over the world come to celebrate with us! Stay tuned for several wedding related DIY projects :)
This painting was commissioned by the same friend who commissioned the Superman Painting back in 2013. This painting was definitely a challenge, but I was thrilled with the results! This oil painting is on a 24×36 inch canvas.
I created this card using acrylic paint, card stock, and some gold foil from the inside of an old envelope. I used a thick gold acrylic paint and some acrylic medium in order to get some depth into the border. It’s hard to tell in the picture, but the red background shines in the light thanks to hints of gold paint :)